Thursday, January 14, 2010

Welcome

I have been throwing around the idea of writing a journal to record my experiences in my own pregnancies and things that I learn while working with others who are expecting for quite awhile now. The problem is I just haven't done it! SO... why not? Well, I always have a good reason to procrastinate! Lately it has been that I just don't have a blank notebook around the house and I keep forgetting to pick one up when I go to the store. Finally I decided that it would be better and easier if I just wrote my "journal" in the form of a blog. So, I'd like to welcome myself to this blog where I hope that I will learn and discover much.
Well, I suppose you all should know a little about me besides the fact that I'm a perpetual procrastinator. There are a lot of aspects to my life so let me just list a few. First of all, I am a Bible believing Christian. I am thankful to have been raised in a wonderful, godly home as a missionary kid. I lived in Southern China for four years of my life and loved the simple life I enjoyed there. I am a 26 year old wife to an amazing husband, Sage, and mother to 3 children (Gideon 4 years, Gabriel 2 and one due on March 1, 2010). I enjoy being a stay at home mom of two boisterous boys who definitely keep life interesting. I also am a birth doula, trainig childbirth educator and aspiring lay midwife. Birth is very much a part of my everyday life.
I entered the birth world as I became pregnant with my first child and never gave it up! I had an awesome natural birth that was the most powerful thing that had ever happened to me, and I wanted to help others have their birth wishes come true as well. For four years now I have experienced with families the wonders of childbirth. I am learning so much along the way that I often have a hard time keeping up with it all. This is the purpose of this blog: to share and sort out the miraculous gifts that I am given by being part of the birth community and by being a mother. I hope that you enjoy and that it means as much to you as it does to me.

Danielle Rylander
A Blessed Birth Doula

No comments:

Post a Comment